New Business Marketing Strategies
Like any new business the challenge is getting noticed. There are several ways to do this that are inexpensive and easy to do.
- Use printed materials. By creating and passing out printed materials a new business can quickly gain interest in their services.
- The use of an information pamphlet is powerful. People will take them home and read at their leisure. Stamp your business contact information on the back of Sol Potion pamphlets, then drop them off at local wedding stores, gyms, dance schools, modeling agencies, hotels, etc.
- Create business cards and pass them out. Business cards are inexpensive to print and easy to create. There are a lot of free business card templates available on the Internet that allows the user to create their own.
- Utilize listing websites (i.e. Craig’s List) to advertise your business. This is free and easy to do.
- Connect with local make-up artists and hairstylists. By offering free or deep discounted airbrushes to the stylists in exchange for client referrals you will be able to grow your business.
- Network at local events, happy hours and social club outings.
- If you are a mobile business offer airbrush parties and give the hostess a free airbrush for using their space.
- Create bumper stickers or car magnets that advertise your business.
HINT: For a nominal cost a business card can be created into a refrigerator magnet. Most people will place these on their refrigerator for future reference.
Existing Business Marketing Strategies
For existing store fronts, marketing the new service is slightly easier and the word spreads more quickly.
- The use of sales materials is the fastest way to advertise your new service.
- Display the airbrush tanning poster in your store front window. This will generate interest from existing clients and passers-by.
- Display and hand out airbrush tanning pamphlets. People will be able to take it home to read more about the service and how to prepare for their session.
- Talk about the new service to your clients. When a client checks in for another service, tell them your salon or spa is now offering Airbrush Body Bronzing.
- Get your client’s to tell their friends. Nothing beats a word of mouth referral. Offer a free or deep discounted airbrush session to a client who refers new airbrush business to the salon or spa.
- Advertise in the local area magazines. This is a great way to spread the word quickly to many people.
- Set up a referral deal with similar businesses. The goal is that both businesses refer clients to one another.
HINT: Tanning salons and Hair/Makeup Salons can be great partners. Give a free airbrush to some of the stylists so their clients can see their beautiful airbrush. They’ll send the airbrush business to the tanning salon or spa. In return the tanning salon can recommend the Hair/Makeup Salon as the place to go for great services.